Thursday, July 22, 2010

MA State Tri Pics


I forgot to mention any actual *details* of my race in that report - doh! Here they are in all their gory detail:
  
Finish: 2:44:00 
AG Place: 4/15
Swim*: 30:05 
Bike: 1:20:21 
Run: 51:29         
   
*Remember, it was a no wetsuit swim!!!!

That put me 95th OA, 23/116 OA women, 4/15 AG.

What I'm most pleased about is my overall consistency - 25/116 in swim, 32/116 in bike, 29/116 in run. Usually my bike split is MUCH worse than that in terms of placement in the field, as is my run. So I'm seeing definite improvement this season - sweet!!!!!

And here are a couple of pics of the day:

Can you blame me for the tears????? Rock Stars.

Swim. I like this pic.

Climbing the long hill.
At the top. Ouch. I can see sweat dripping off my chin. That's pretty.
Bringing it in.
At the finish. No real need for this additional finish pic, but my legs look totally ripped so I couldn't resist.

4 comments:

mjcaron said...

I really like your tri suit Michelle! Was the water too warm for the wetsuit? GREAT SWIM time! God, I would have been slower than that without my wetsuit.

Anonymous said...

Rock on Michelle!! You are a super-star. :-) AWESOME results!! SAY, does that qualify you for Age Group Nationals, if you haven't already!? Are you thinking about that?? ~Rosie

Michelle said...

Melissa - yes, the water was 80 degrees, so if you wanted to compete for AG awards and be ranked in your AG, wetsuits weren't allowed. I was VERY happy about that - I would have BOILED to death out there in my wetsuit! I've been doing all my OWS lately without it - it's just been too hot!

Rosie - I think I already qualified with that #1 AG finish at Holliston. But I'm not considering going this year. Maybe next year when it's in VT!

Jennifer Harrison said...

CONGRATS !!!!! :)) yayhooo!!