Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ABC's of Me

Yeah, yeah, I know. This is totally lame but I HAVE to get back to my blog, and I keep coming up with great blog post ideas that fizzle out after the first paragraph. So, I thought I'd get the ball rolling by simply doing what everyone else is doing right now in the blogosphere: The ABC's of Me.

Here goes.

Age: 42 (but not for much longer!!!!!)

Bed Size: King - yet, I still sleep on a sliver on the edge, hoping every night that I won't be pushed off! What I sacrifice for my children and dog....

Chore You Dislike: Pretty much anything that can be described by the tag "chore." EXCEPT for mopping. I love mopping. I could mop all day.

Dogs: I am wholeheartedly a dog person, but not a yippy rat-dog person. Eddie is my boy.

What's not to love????
Essential Start to the Day: Training. Even if I am only doing a single workout that day, it will be the first thing I do.

Favorite Color: Fall-ish burnt orange.

Gold or Silver: Both - more silver than gold lately, but will still pull out the gold jewelry on occasion.

Height: 5'9"

Job Title: Product Manager / Independent Team Beachbody Coach / Mom, depending on the time of day

Kids: Boy Child (11), Girl Child (8)

Live: Winchester, MA (super cute 'burb of Boston)

Mom's Name: Doreen

Nickname: Missy, but only used by relatives. NO ONE else may call me Missy. From a young age, I was quick to correct anyone who tried to use a nickname on me.

Overnight Hospital Stay: Plenty - I think my parents were worried about getting calls from social services when I was a kid. Recently, for the birth of the kids (both completely unmedicated, uneventful births).

Pet Peeves: People saying they would LOVE to do XYZ if only "they could find the time." It ain't hiding behind the couch, folks. "Oh, lookie honey! I found 45 minutes tucked between the cushions!!!!! How on earth did THAT find its way there?" If you want it badly enough, you make the time - own up to your choices.

Quote from a Movie: "There is no charge for awesomeness ... or attractiveness." (Kung Fu Panda)

Righty or Lefty: Righty

Siblings: Younger sister

Time I Wake Up: Hold onto your hats, folks. Typically, 4:30am (sometimes earlier). Shorter workouts let me sleep until 5:30am. That's six days a week. All year round. See point above about making time for important stuff if you are gobsmacked by this.

Underwear: Yes (and always super cute), unless I'm working out. VPL, chaffing - just too many things to go wrong during a workout. Sometimes painfully, painfully wrong.

Vegetables I Don't Like: Used to be brussel sprouts, but I've come to like them over time. Otherwise, I don't think I've come across a veggie I didn't like!

What Makes Me Run Late: I am generally on time. It drives me nuts when people are late, so I try my best to be punctual myself. At the end of the day, I can be late getting home if a meeting runs over.

XRays I've Had: Teeth. Mammogram. Left Arm (2x, broken both times). Chest, after I tested positive for TB exposure when I was pregnant with Boy Child. Friendly Tip of the Day: Do your best to avoid being spit on by filthy homeless men in Harvard Square, especially in the facial area. Trust me on this one.

Yummy Food I Make: The kids RAVE about my pancakes (don't tell them it's just Aunt Jemima mix!!!!). I am also proud of carrying on the Xmas tradition of Sauerkraut Balls and Kielbasi & Sauerkraut. I'm also getting pretty good at a number of vegan recipes.

Zoo Animal Favorites: The ape house. I could spend ALL day watching the gorillas and chimps.

Ok, that was actually sort of fun!

2 comments:

mjcaron said...

Mopping ? Really?? that is funny. Ewwww.. Spit on by a homeless man? That's aweful.

Speed Racer said...

You're not ALWAYS on time... Missy (sorry, couldn't resist).

And how do you feel about vacuuming? Because I spilled some popcorn and...