Monday, November 17, 2008

Welcome!

Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking ahead when I started my first blog, The Road to Boston '08. It was a great story about my training leading up to my first marathon, Boston '08 (and I'm not just saying that - OTHER people told me it was great, I swear!). But now, well, it's over - the race was run, I started, I finished, I laughed, I cried.... Well, you can read about all that in the old blog. The point is that the blog was about training for Boston, which has come and gone, so it's time for a new blog.

So here we are. I was surprised at how many people found and read and enjoyed my old blog, hopefully this one will be as interesting for folks. At the very least, I enjoy writing it, so even if I'm writing only to myself, that'll be ok too.

If you don't know me, check out my Boston blog to see if you like my writing style. I hope you stick around to hear about my training / random ramblings going forward. Which is what this blog will be primarily about. I'm a professional athlete trapped in a high tech weenie's body and life - which means while I have the heart and desire to train and race at a professional level, I actually don't have the talent required to pursue that option. I'm a solid front of the mid packer who for the most part truly loves training and is striving to be the best that I can be given my day-to-day life constraints (job, kids, etc.).

No comments: