Monday, December 19, 2011

Day .... 18?

Well, travel will put a wrench in the works, that's for sure. I kept up as best as possible while I was on the road, but that's not saying much!!!!! The hotel exercise bikes just suck - ugh.

It felt GREAT to be back on my own bike yestereday - wow. For a variety of reasons I've been in a bit of a grumpy mood but I was just determined to get in my workout yesterday. It would have been SO easy to blow off - I had been up early and run in a local fun-run 5k with my daughter in the morning (that didn't really count as exercise for me as it was a slow jog - SO much fun though!), spent the early afternoon making treats for her holiday party tomorrow and snuck in a little too much frosting..... And I was taking my son to see a movie later that night. It would have been easy to convince myself that I didn't have enough time to workout, even though the clock told me otherwise - I had plenty of time for a workout.

So I donned the bike shorts, filled up my water bottle, and went downstairs to the House of Pain for my session with Troy. Nothing painful on tap for the day, just a 70 minute aerobic workout. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. By minute 15 the grumpiness was but a memory and I was feeling nothing but great. It's amazing what a solid workout can do for your mental state! Somehow, magically, all was right with the world, even though, it's not. :)

Thanks Coach!

No comments: