Monday, December 5, 2011

Days 4 & 5 of the Spinervals 32-Day Challenge

This weekend went by in a blur of holiday prep work: shopping, cleaning, decorating (which included hanging precariously from the porch roof as I hung the icicles - 12 years and counting without a serious neck or head injury! Woot!!!!!). Thank goodness for the Spinervals Challenge to keep me sane at this time of year.....

Sunday was Day 4 - another aerobic base building workout. This time it was 28.0 Aerobic Base Builder VI, a 60 minute purely aerobic workout. I like this one a lot - it's got a few higher cadence sets, which really help you work on your pedaling technique which helps to keep things interesting.


Today was Day 5 - and another aerobic base builder to get us ready for some tough big gear work tomorrow. On the schedule was 18.0, but I had used this one on Friday and was in the mood for something new. So I subbed in 25.0, a compilation of ABB's I-IV. Today just FLEW by. Sometimes the ABB workouts can get a little boring, but Troy really does a good job at keeping things interesting by changing up our gearing, tossing in some brief standing efforts, and putting in a variety of sets of varying length. Before I even realized it, I was over 45 minutes done - I wrapped up with a total time today of 1:20, and felt amazing.



Happy "I'm Done" Face!

I need to adjust the prescribed schedule a TAD - Troy has strength on the schedule for us tomorrow, but I'm doing this challenge in conjunction with a P90X rotation, and I do those strength workouts on M/W/F. So tonight will be P90X Chest/Shoulders/Triceps to finish out the day feeling like a rock star.

"But, Michelle, what happened to Day 3?"  Yeah, we aren't going to talk about Saturday, other than to say I had to use one of my Wild Card rest days ALREADY. Ugh. Moving on....... 



No comments: