Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Challenge Days 15-32!

December Spinervals 32-Day Challenge: Completed!

Well, I am a lousy blogger (with good intentions!), but I did really well with the challenge this year! I can't claim to be a true finisher as I missed a few workouts, but I did MUCH MUCH better than last year and really stuck to the schedule as best as I could. It was spectacular - hard, fun, everything I thought it was going to be and so much more. I love my bike. I hadn't been loving my bike much - not because of anything in particular that had anything at all to do with my bike, I had just needed a break and wasn't getting that itch to get back on. This challenge, by putting me on the bike almost EVERY day in December, was exactly what I needed!

But the best part? By far, the best part was really connecting with the other challengers who regularly post on the Spinervals Member Facebook page. What an AMAZING group of athletes, who all blow me out of the water, but who also all reply to my silly musings and laugh at my stupid jokes. Who convinced me I could do ALL of the Hardcore100 workout - all 5.5 hours of it, and who not only said I could do it, but cheered me along during those 5.5 hours. Many of us will never meet - we are simply too far spread around the world and it will likely never happen. But the camaraderie we shared during this challenge (and going forward) is so very real - it's a very cool thing.

Each year I do better with this challenge, perhaps next year I'll finish every single workout to the letter and make it to the Spinervals Finisher page. But in the meantime, I'm loving my bike again, and that is priceless!

I would encourage ANYONE to give these Challenges a try. You don't have to be an uber athlete to do them - you can modify to make them work to fit your fitness level and your schedule. But they are just so much fun - they could be just what you need to shake up your routine. We just started Phase III of the Super6 (6 weeks of 6 days per week on the bike) and it's shaping up to be another great run. Join the fun!!!!

No comments: