Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Challenge Day 11

Day 11: 12/11/2012

After a LOVELY rest day yesterday (I did get in some really, really, really lovely stretching before bed) it was back at it this morning! I felt surprisingly great when the alarm went off - I thought the week was going to be a rough start, but the day of recovery was all I needed. I was up and raring to go, and 33.0 The Pain Cave was just the thing to kick us off! This is another multi-energy system workout. We cover both tempo work and high intensity sprinting work, with lots of rest in between sets so you can really go after each set with all you've got (for the high intensity threshold work - it was a bit of a challenge to keep the tempo efforts tempo efforts - I kept having to dial it back to stay in my tempo zones...). The last set contains all out standing sprint efforts, and I clipped 475W on the last rep - I WILL HIT 500W THIS MONTH!!!!!

The time flew by - it's nice when you get to the point where any workout less than 90minutes really and truly feels like it's no big deal. Yes, the intensity is super high, but it's over in a flash! Anyone can suffer for 47 minutes, right? :)

Then it was time to get back to the Squat/Plank A Thon Challenge - we are on the build up to hit 100 squats and a 3:00 plank hold over the next week. Today was 65 / 2:00. I split the squats in 2 (they are a tad more challenging AFTER the Spinervals workout when the legs are a bit fried) - 35 before the planks, then 30 after. I mixed up the plank as well: :30 normal, :30 side right, :30 side left, :30 normal, which was a fun change up. I LOVE side plank - I really feel it nailing my obliques.

Today is usually yoga at lunch at work, but I just got an email saying class was cancelled. I think I'll do more stretching at home before bed again tonight, I'm looking forward to trying the Gecko pose again!

No comments: