Monday, December 10, 2012

Challenge Day 9

Day 9: 12/9/2012

Given the late workout on Day 8, I knew I wasn't getting up early to hit Suffer-O-Rama, the aptly named workout of the day. It felt lovely to sleep in a bit, but I did get in my Squat/Plank-A-Thon Challenge work early before I forgot about it (60/1:50 - it's getting serious, and my legs were not too pleased to have to work just yet...). With that out of the way, I just had to decide when to do my bike workout. Before the late afternoon dinner party? Or after I got home????

I decided on after I got home as the lazy morning turned into a lazy early afternoon. This was somewhat risky, as it would have been easy to say yes to a glass of wine with dinner and shoot all chance of a workout later that night. But I was VERY good and not only skipped the wine but ate sensibly, so when I got home at 8:30, I was feeling good. Thankfully it was a short one - under an hour.

It's a toughie though. I remembered the "5-Killer Minutes" from previous times with this session (they are, indeed, killer), but had forgotten all the standing work in the tempo sets. My legs were really quite fatigued from not only the 3 hours the night before, but from the cumulative effort of the week - the standing work HURT and my legs were a wobbly mess! I felt damn good on the interval sets though, which somewhat surprised me. I think because the reps are short - a minute max - so you can go all out and hold it. JUST when I felt I was about to lose it, it was over and we had a nice rest. This is definitely one of my favorite interval workouts - to the point, hit it hard, solid work in under an hour. LOVE IT.


No comments: