Thursday, December 6, 2012

Challenge Day 6

Day 6: 12/6/2012

Day 6 of the challenge and still going strong! I had a full day downtown with an early start, so I had to get up extra early to get the workout in. I was not pleased with the 4:40am wake up, but I thought of a fellow Spinervillain (thank you Cleda for the group name - love it!) Shaker, who gets up at ... seriously, get this ... anywhere between 2:45am and 3:00am to get his workout in before he needs to go to work. Ok, if Shaker can get up before THREE FREAKIN' AM, I can get up at the comparatively leisurely hour of 4:40am.

After a few tough days in a row, we had a nice 1:20 aerobic ride on the schedule. It was quite wonderful, and I am surprised at how pretty much ok my legs are feeling! Tomorrow will close out week 1 of the challenge - time flies when you are sweating buckets and having fun!

I wrapped up with the 45 squats and 1:20 plank hold on the Squat/Plank challenge schedule. I'll admit that the squats are starting to get tough - the last 5 required a bit of mental toughness. Tomorrow could be interesting, especially since they will come right after a hard hill workout on the bike (legs, legs and more legs!).........

Short but sweet today - busy day, almost time for bed (it is after 8pm after all!). See you all tomorrow!

No comments: